Whether you’re an experienced editor or new to the game, managing reviewers can be a difficult and time-consuming task. In this webinar, we speak to a panel of experienced journal editors for their advice on how to recruit, retain and support your pool of peer reviewerAs.
Watch the full webinar below, or take a look at the individual presentations at the bottom of this page. You can also scroll right on the downloads toolbar for the webinar and Q&A transcript.
Introducing our panel of expert speakers:
- Gareth Meager (Taylor & Francis)
- Dianne Dixon (Managing Editor of International Journal of Radiation Biology)
- Peter Gilroy (Executive Editor of Journal of Education for Teaching: International Research and Pedagogy)
- Hervé Stolowy (Editor of European Accounting Review)
What are our top takeaways from the managing reviewers webinar?
- Support your peer reviewers by offering clear instructions and guidelines. Read our reviewer guidelines for tips and advice, for instance, on writing an effective peer review and the training programs available
- Implement a strict timeline to keep your peer review process moving along
- Encourage guest editors of special issues to identify their own reviewers, then add these individuals to your journal’s database